Wednesday, September 22, 2010

week 4: Excel

   I think spreadsheet is very useful. It is a very neat thing to use.I would use preedsheet in my class room becuase it could give the students a new insight into making timelines and different types of charts.
   As a teacher, i would a spreadsheet to configure my grade book. The advantages a spreadsheet has over a calculator are:
  • formulas already there
  • calculations are done for you

The 3 primary funtions of spreadsheets are:
  • storing
  • calculating
  • presenting information
   I think they are awesome because  they are examples of Mindtools that amplifies and reorganizes mental functioning. Building spreadsheet models engages a variety of mental processes.

Jonassen, D., Howland, J., Marra, R. M., & Crismond, D. (2008). Meaningful Learning With Technology. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Pearson Prentice Hall.

2 comments:

  1. I really like how you described the 3 primary functions as "Mind tools" I hadn't thought of it like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget that spreadsheets are great time management tools as well!

    ReplyDelete