Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Week 11:Lesson Plan

   The 3 principles I think would be important for education would be the Probing Priciple, Multimodal Principle, and Semiotic Domains Principle because they include learning in different ways like with groups, things other than just words, and reflection.
   Probing Principle is a learning cycle of probing the world (doing something); reflecting in and on this action, and on this basis, forming a hypothesis; reprobing the world to test this hypothesis; and then accepting or rethinking the hypothesis.
   Mulitimodal Principle is the meaning and knowledge that are built up through various modalities, not just words. EX.) images, texts, symbols, interactions, abstract design, and sound
   Semoitic Domains Principle is where learning involves mastering , at some level, semoitic domains and being able to participate, at some level, in the affinity group or groups connected to them.

   I would use the Laboratory Stimulation. The variables the students could manipulte would be ey characteristics or variables within a physical abstract system. The learners may graph different angles in orders to see the effects of the different pendulums.

   InConclusion, the stimulation designer builds a models of the phemonema or processes that eneable learners to see how the system works.


Jonassen, D., Howland, J., Marra, R. M., & Crismond, D. (2008). Meaningful Learning With Technology. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Pearson Prentice Hall.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your selection of the Multimodal Principle. I believe this will help our students to understand things better, not just to memorize some definitions, but to actually understand what they are learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooops, I think I commented in the wrong place! I will just repeat it. I am glad you found a use for this stuff- but like I said on my blog posting, better for a science classroom!

    ReplyDelete